Event Date: 14th August to 14th September 2019
Join our Coastal Crew and help us keep the shores clean.
Join our Coastal Crew and help us keep the shores clean!
In 2019, Living Coasts will be running a series of beach cleans around Torbay.
These FREE events will give you the chance to help the environment and learn more about local species, biodiversity and the shores around us.
The beaches on our doorstep, suffer with litter brought in by waves and left by beach users. All around Torbay just away from the shoreline is an underwater bed of sea grass which is home to many creatures, all of whom are effected by litter so do your bit to help avoid pollution by joining our coastal clean ups – and spreading the word about keeping beaches litter free!
Locations and times:
- Wednesday 14th August - Torre Abbey Sands, Torquay. 12 noon - 2.00 p.m. - CANCELLED DUE TO POOR WEATHER FORECAST.
- Saturday 14th September - Beacon Cove, Torquay. 1.00 p.m. - 3.00 p.m.
Let us know your joining in! Registration is free and you can sign up here.
Info for volunteers:
- Please wear appropriate footwear and be prepared for all weathers; wear wet weather gear if raining and suncream if the weather is sunny.
- Parents must supervise children at all times.
- If you have your own gloves and/or litter pickers, please feel free to bring those along!
- In the event of severe weather the beach clean will be cancelled, please keep an eye on the Living Coasts Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.
Our coastal clean-ups are kindly sponsored by WBW Solicitors.
The Goodrington beach clean is in association with [email protected]