Event Date: 4th July to 19th September 2020
Join our Coastal Crew and help us keep the shores clean.
Join our Coastal Crew and help us keep Torbay's beaches clean!
In 2020, Living Coasts will once again be running a series of beach cleans around the bay.
These FREE events will give you the chance to help the environment and to learn more about local species and the beautiful shores around us.
Coastlines around the world suffer with litter brought in by waves and left by beach users. Torbay has a vital underwater ecosystem; a bed of sea grass which is home to many creatures, all of whom are effected by litter and micro plastics, so join us to do your bit to avoid pollution and spread the word about keeping beaches litter free!
Locations and times:
- Saturday 4th July, Broadsands Beach, Paignton, 11.30am - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 18th August, Oddicombe Beach, Torquay, 12 noon - 2.00pm
- Saturday 19th September, Breakwater Beach, Brixham, 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Let us know your joining in! Registration is free and you can sign up here.
Info for volunteers:
- Please wear appropriate footwear and be prepared for all weathers; wear wet weather gear if raining and suncream if the weather is sunny.
- Parents must supervise children at all times.
- If you have your own gloves and/or litter pickers, please feel free to bring those along!
- In the event of severe weather the beach clean will be cancelled, please keep an eye on the Living Coasts Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.
Our coastal clean-ups are kindly sponsored by WBW Solicitors.