The Penguin Pebble Trail - postponed.
Event Date: 28th March to 6th September 2020
This event is postponed until further notice.
Here at Living Coasts, we LOVE penguins and we’re home to two species; the African and the macaroni. But did you know that there are 17 species in total?
This year you can discover them all in our brand new penguin-pebble themed trail*!
We will be hiding 17 colourful pebbles around Living Coasts, each representing a different penguin species. Go on an adventure to seek them all and you’ll be rewarded with a super prize at the end. Learn fun facts about all the loveable penguins of the world and don’t forget to pick up your very own pebble from the main entrance to enter our exclusive Penguin Pebble Competition!
*£1.50 per trail sheet.
The Penguin Pebble Competition - postponed.
As part of our amazing Penguin Pebble trail we’re giving you the chance to join the fun and get creative!
To enter the competition, here’s what to do:
- Step 1: Pop along to Living Coasts to pick up a pebble from our main entrance (remember… don’t take them from the beach, as that’s their home) along with a competition entry form.
- Step 2: Take the pebble home and paint your favourite penguin species on one side.
- Step 3: Write or paint your name and age onto the other side and complete the entry form.
- Step 4: Bring your pebble and entry form back to Living Coasts before Sunday 3rd May 2020, and you’ll then be entered into the Penguin Pebble competition to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
The three pebbles (one from each age category) with the best design will be chosen as the winners.
Some of the best designs will be displayed in our main entrance area from Friday 22nd May – Friday 4th September 2020.
Age categories: Entrants will be divided into three age categories - aged 2-5 years, aged 6-9 years and aged 10-13 years. One finalist from each category will be chosen.
Prizes for the competition:
- Aged 2-5 years category – a penguin cuddly toy plus two complimentary tickets to Living Coasts
- Aged 6-9 years category – a junior penguin adoption gift box
- Aged 10-13 years category – a penguin feeding experience (for two people, age 8+ years).
Terms and conditions:
- Only one submission per child will be accepted
- The winners will be chosen on Thursday 7th May and will be contacted accordingly.
- Please note the winners may get their names posted on the official Living Coasts social media accounts.